What Co-Curricular Activities Are Available to Primary Students at Ivanhoe Grammar School?
Ivanhoe Grammar School enjoys a rich history of academic achievement among schools in Hurstbridge. Students have access to many co-curricular opportunities such as:
- Public speaking: Students in the primary years learn to write and present a speech, speak confidently in front of an audience, and keep the audience engaged.
- Leadership: Students build confidence and character through participation in leadership activities. All students receive opportunities to lead in various ways to build their self-esteem and leadership skills.
- Service: Through participation in service projects, primary students develop a better understanding of society and learn things they couldn’t learn sitting in a classroom. From visiting a local elderly people’s home to taking part in fundraising efforts to assist those in need (both locally and internationally), there are many ways in which our students learn to lend a helping hand.
- Performing arts: There are ensembles, concert bands, choirs and bands for students to join throughout their primary and secondary years. In addition, the school musicals, held every year for secondary and every second year for primary, are a wonderful showcase of the talented students.
- Sport: primary students have the chance to develop their athleticism by participating in various sports such as Swimming or Cross Country, along with a range of team sports including basketball, football, volleyball, and more.
Contact us today to learn more about what sets Ivanhoe Grammar School apart from other schools in Hurstbridge.